WELCOME TO WESTSIDE NATURAL HEALTH CLINIC!
Yes. It is, at last, in its final stages of becoming a reality! We hope to see it published soon. Meanwhile, we are posting regular quotes from the book on our Twitter account. Excerpts from the book will also be forthcoming.
All good medicine,
At Westside, we believe in a natural approach to health maintenance, disease prevention, and the treatment of disease.
The body is designed to heal itself, PROVIDED its functions are not interfered with, and it is given what it needs to do the job. Reaching optimal health is possible. Achieving optimal health with due respect to each individual's circumstances and with respect to the short and long term effects of our actions upon ourselves, our children, and our planet, is our goal.
Westside has served its patients as a wholistic health clinic since 1983. The following are some of the services we offer.
Whole Food Supplements
Self Help Coaching
Education is key for preventing injury and disease. Click on 'Seminars' to view some of the classes available.
Consider the following:
The lives of long lived people of our age are characterized by the following:
- they take few or no pharmaceutical drugs
- they eat moderately
- they live a physically active life
- they have strong social connections
- they eat real food (few or no snack/junk foods)
- they were breast fed as infants
- they are physically fit with good posture
One should also note that our current centenarians were born and spent their first years in a world where (with few exceptions) the air, water and earth were far less polluted. The soil was more fertile -imparting more nutrition into the food grown on it. They physically worked much harder but they also spent more time playing and ate a much more varied diet!
When redesigning your life to be healthier please consider :
- gender and life phase
- ancestry (genetic, cultural and biochemical background)
In other words, one's life should be in balance with the geography and climate wherein one lives. The food and medicines, ideally, are those of one's ancestors and should be combined with local indigenous foods and medicines. Finally, the lifestyle should be appropriate to one's age and gender. (Women, men, infants, prepubescent children, adolescents, young adults, menstruating - pregnant -and nursing women, middle aged adults, old folks etc. each have different requirements under which they flourish best.)
In making changes always be sure to first get the basics down:
1. Fresh air
2. Pure water
3. Quality food
4. Daily exercise
5. A life of purpose
We Recommend that you:
IDENTIFY the reasons for your current state of health so that you can be in control of those factors which affect it.
LEARN what actions will bring about relief or complete resolution of your problem.
GET your body GOING via the appropriate natural therapies and lifestyle.
MAINTAIN your health in a manner that matches your genetics and lifestyle demands.
We Also Recommend that you:
- Keep a medical diary of your condition and what you are doing to correct it i.e., what worked and what didn’t. (This is for future reference — if you were to fall off the wagon and get sick again you could simply look back into your notes and fix yourself. This is also helpful with family members. What worked for you may also work for a blood relative.)
- Be patient with yourself. Disease doesn’t happen overnight and cures rarely do.
- Respect the awesome nature of the human body.
- Trust your gut feelings.
- Understand that the body is ALWAYS telling you what you need to do.
- Learn to listen to your body’s signs and signals.
- Enjoy the process with a sense of humor.
Don't know where to start?
- Download The Twelve Essentials for Good Health on our General Health Habits CD from our Online Store.